Information We Collect – To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information when required for custom orders if you contact us directly.
Comments – When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Media – If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies – If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites – Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It – We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
– as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve our services
Information Sharing and Disclosure – Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
– We share information with PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. if you choose to pay with PayPal to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as payment processing. We will share your personal information with PayPal, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties (such as Royal Mail) to perform functions and provide services to our shop. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Compliance with laws.
We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU – We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
Your Rights – If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
– You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us – For purposes of EU data protection law, Benjamin Bergmann is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at ben [!at] bannsandbells.co.uk. Alternatively, our postal address is Personalised Gift Creations Ltd, 4 Anson Road, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK12 5BX